October 24, 2006

TI-85 Rom Fixer

A couple of people have been having problems with dumped ROM files coming out corrupt. Turns out this is a known problem, if you are interested in the gory details, check out this site.

For those of you who just want it to work, I’ve taken the code from the above site and ported it to C, to make a simple TI-85 ROM fixer. In order to use it, you must know your own ROM version first.

Make sure to read the included README file!

Download: fixrom.zip

Filed under: DS85 — davr @ 8:26 pm

1. What is odd, is i was going to try this but figured id end up breaking my rom haha. Thanks man!

Comment by WunSick — October 25, 2006 @ 12:00 pm

2. i was looking for a fresh release of your drawing program … where should i go?

Comment by sylvain — November 7, 2006 @ 5:50 am

3. Hello, can we hope to have a release with the new DLDI of Chishm ?

Comment by huitopy — January 17, 2007 @ 11:24 am

4. My M3 simply does not support libfat, so it would be nice to have DLDI.

Comment by sphetr2 — February 24, 2007 @ 6:55 pm

5. I was having a little trouble with getting ds85 to work on my ds. I have a supercard lite on an older ds lite. I was able to get the ds85_02 to work when it first came out, but now it doesn’t. I upgraded my supercard firmware recently so maybe that’s the problem? I’ve tried the rom fixer, patching the program with the supercard patcher, I also tried to combine the rom and program as explained in the readme, and I know I have a version 10 rom. Any help would be great, thanks.

Comment by jischoler — March 29, 2007 @ 12:43 pm

6. Sorry, i forgot to mention what happens when I try to use the program. It’ll start up, but it will give me the same thing that some other people had problems with, which is where it says:

error: Could not locate ROM!

Thanks.

Comment by jischoler — March 29, 2007 @ 12:45 pm

7. YAY! i fixed it. I must have typed something wrong when i merged the rom and program, because I tried it again and it worked.

Comment by jischoler — March 29, 2007 @ 5:50 pm

8. yea, This would be amazing… if it had DLDI support

Comment by Spartan — April 5, 2007 @ 11:44 am

9. It’s unfortunate that the source isn’t posted. Otherwise someone else could implement DLDI. : /

Comment by Zencyde — April 9, 2007 @ 10:55 am

10. I haven’t posted the source because it’s messy and not in a great state. Everyone who has ever emailed me or asked for it has gotten a copy of it (none of these people have done anything with it as far as I know). From your ‘someone else’ comment, I guess you are not interested in helping either.

Comment by davr — April 9, 2007 @ 12:57 pm

11. I’d certainly be willing to give it a shot, but I’m majoring in Computer Engineering, not Computer Science. :P Throw me a copy of the code and I’ll see what I can do with it. XD This should make Calculus a little more enjoyable for me.

Comment by Zencyde — April 11, 2007 @ 8:47 am

12. Hello,
    I have a ti85 ROM, version 9 i believe.
    It works with the Virtual TI pc emulator but using my R4DS i get error: Could not locate ROM!
    What am i doing wrong?
    Thanks
    Nick

Comment by Sarge — May 19, 2007 @ 4:22 pm

13. so are going to attempt a ti89 emu
    i love to break that out in school

Comment by superkrm — June 6, 2007 @ 5:28 pm

14. I have been able to get this to work on the EZ Flash 3 in 1, but not with the included save-state. This is likely because of the required size of 128KB. The save-state created by the flash cart will not work on the emulator either. I am not using ver10 rom, but have made a save-state with that version. Might there be a way to pad the file?

Also, davr, i have seen screen shots of an updated version. Incomplete as it may be, and you may never want to work on it again, but could you release a compiled version? Please?

Comment by joebob — July 6, 2007 @ 6:18 pm