October 15, 2006

DS85 Release 2

Here is the second release of my TI-85 emulator port. New features include:

• Saving & Loading State
  • Support for loading Virtual TI save states
  • ROM & Save/Load support for non-libfat devices (GBA Flashcarts, EZ4, G6)
  • Can turn frameskipping on & off (when skipping is on, speeds things up a bit)
  • Can toggle between real speed and full speed. (full speed is actually faster than a real TI, but it makes it hard to play games)
  • Comes with an included save-state with several games already loaded. (Usgard shell, ZKart3D, ztetris, solytare, jezzball, Lunoid8, mineswp, and PhoenixZ)
  • Toggle between proportional and stretched scaling modes

Download DS85 R2.zip now!
Download a video (5.5MB) of it in action!

Tip: If you want to load some apps to the emu, right now an option is to use Rusty Wagner’s excellent windows-based Virtual TI. Create a save state from there, and rename it to ‘ti85.sna’ and place it on your CF/SD card.

Make sure to read the included README.txt file completely!

NOTE: Make sure your TI-85 Rom is version 10.0! Other versions have not been tested, but may work. However, they will definately NOT work with the included save state. To check rom version, on your calculator type ‘[2nd] [MODE] [ALPHA] [S]‘. Press any key EXCEPT [ENTER] to exit this screen. (Pressing [ENTER] will erase your memory)

UPDATE: I believe there was an error in the flashcart version. Please redownload and try it again. Also note that the copy command was possibly INCORRECT. Check the README.txt again, it has been updated with the correct copy command. Thanks.

Some (cropped) screenshots. (The below files are all included in the save state in the zip!)

Filed under: DS85,Nintendo DS — davr @ 11:35 am

1. I’ve added you to my list of heroes.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!
    I’m impressed with how quickly you are doing this.

So, you say your next bit will be an improved keypad…

I have a few suggestions if you want to play around a bit more with it:
    -When the Alpha key is pressed, the keypad could switch to a usable keyboard. As a result, your emulator would actually become /superior/ to a TI85… especially when it comes to cheating on tests ;)

-I think I remember that you posted a button layout somewhere. Maybe not, but anyhow: In my opinion, the background should be a single solid colour. No point trying to look like a TI calculator; the touch screen is not that kind of plastic – it’s a better kind!

-Since the regular brightness adjustment would a bit pointless with the DS’s screen, how about add it in but have the knob turn the backlight on / off? (Or, I guess, adjust it for those lucks DS-Lite people…)
    I suppose this depends on whether the control for that is in the ti85 rom or in the hardware. It looks to be a mixture of the two.

Bye!

Comment by Dylan McCall — October 15, 2006 @ 4:56 pm

2. Oops!
    That’s Mr. Shlee’s layout :/
    I do really like that layout, though. It looks nice.

Comment by Dylan McCall — October 15, 2006 @ 4:58 pm

3. Thank you VERY VERY VERY VERY much.
    For my needs, a working and powerful graphical calculator is the best piece of homebrew that can be loaded into Nintendo DS! I hope you will continue on this great project :D
    BTW, why not a TI-89 emulator instead of a TI-85?

Comment by mike lent — October 15, 2006 @ 6:21 pm

4. Forgive me for being stupid, but I can’t figure out how this version supports non-libfat devices. There is no tool to combine the emulator core with the rom, and no instructions for combining them manually. I saw something in the Linux readme about “make install” but as I don’t have Linux, or even see a makefile, I don’t see how that would help.

I apologize for the stupid question. I’m just confused.

Comment by Danny — October 15, 2006 @ 6:41 pm

5. OOPS… I seem to have uploaded an slightly old version by accident with an out-of-date README.txt. Please re-download, or try this link. Here is an excerpt from the README (though you should really re-download, incase there is something else out-of-date in the old copy):

Installing on a non-libfat supported device:
     This is for people using things like EZ4, G6, or standard GBA flash carts.
     1. Obtain TI-85 Rom (see above)
     2. Append the rom to the .ds.gba file.
        On Windows:
           copy ds85_02.ds.gba /B + ti85.rom ds85_02_rom.ds.gba /B
        On Linux (should also work on OSX):
           cat ds85_02.ds.gba ti85.rom > ds85_02_rom.ds.gba
     3. Flash the ds85_02_rom.ds.gba file to your cart, and use the included .sav file

Comment by davr — October 15, 2006 @ 8:48 pm

6. Why not a TI-89? I thought about it, but I personally own a TI-85, and the 82/83/84/85/86 series are all much simpler, hardware-wise, as they are based on the Zilog Z80 processor, instead of the Motorola 68000. Probably I will try to get this emulator compatible with most of the z80 calcs. Then I will work on a m68k calc emulator, depending on how feasable it is (since the 89 does have a lot of nice features for higher math/engineering courses)

Comment by davr — October 15, 2006 @ 8:53 pm

7. Does not work with Max Media Dock. :-( If you could mind compiling one with support? Just need the drivers from the latest moonshell I tried the append method and that fails as well. It says it can’t find the rom…

Comment by Laquox — October 15, 2006 @ 10:56 pm

8. I tried appending the two files, (Ti85.rom, and the ds85_02 file, using your directions) and the emulator keeps on saying it cannot read the ti85.rom, not seeing it at the appended part.
    In other words, I do not have a fatlib ds (but the m3 team did release the new fatlib)

Comment by IAmTheRad — October 15, 2006 @ 10:57 pm

9. * Append method will not work with Max Media Dock, as it does not have any GBA ROM space. The driver I am using (latest libfat) has experimental Max Media Player CF support.

* Please, if it is not working for you, don’t forget to tell me the maker AND model of device you are using. (‘m3′ is not enough, say ‘m3 mini sd’ or ‘m3 lite micro sd’ etc)

* If you are having problems getting it to work, there’s not a whole lot I can do, as I did not write the FS drivers. I am currently using the absolute lates libfat drivers from CVS, which should in theory be the most compatible & stable. I am afraid of using other older versions, or unofficial hacked versions (like moonshell), because there have been reports of it being unstable and corrupting your card (several complaints of this about DSO, which uses many different hacked drivers apparently)

As for the ‘new fatlib’…unfortunately they still will not release the source code, making it pretty much useless to most people.

Comment by davr — October 16, 2006 @ 1:00 am

10. Took me forever to figure out it couldn’t use my touchscreen right

It won’t register presses when i just my stylus no matter how hard i press
    occasionally if i press hard enough with my thumb it will recognize it
    if i press with two fingers it works all the time

what gives with that

Other than that it looks great

is it the .sna file is made for a emulator thats touch was adjusted or something

Comment by Deburner — October 16, 2006 @ 2:33 am

11. Hello !
    Thank you for this excellent work, this version is much better than the R1.
    It brought light into myself when I discovered that this emulator had been updated !

I’m having a light graphical bug on Supercard SD with the old DS (1st japanese model).
    The background is not black and it’s making it harder to read the keyboard of the TI.

here is a snapshot : http://img90.imageshack.us/img90/1838/img0003largesb0.jpg

Comment by SNK4ever — October 16, 2006 @ 5:06 am

12. I hope my maths teacher can allow me to have my DS for the tests ! =D

I’ll test it this evening, thanks a lot ! I don’t have to buy the entire calculator !(very very expensive, ~120€)

Darkgilson

Comment by Darkgilson — October 16, 2006 @ 6:44 am

13. Interesting… Anychance you will release the source? I know of a few people that have made the things work with the mmd, the drivers that work come from the moonshell source, not sure about the latest fatlib, just a quick copy and past of the iommcf, just throwing thoughts. Cheers on a great app though

Comment by Laquox — October 16, 2006 @ 7:16 am

14. Touchscreen: it works perfectly for me with the pen, but I think I have one of the ‘good’ touchscreens. I’ll see about putting some extra checks in there for people with different types.

MMP: Like I said, it already has the io_mmcf driver compiled and enabled. If it’s not working, I don’t know how to fix it. The new libfat uses a somewhat different driver format than moonshell, so it would involve me rewriting some code if I wanted to use the moonshell drivers. I may do that anyway, as libfat is missing some other features I need right now (file listing)

Comment by davr — October 16, 2006 @ 7:50 am

15. GFX corruption: It looks like some flashcart devices do not clear VRAM properly. I will add some extra code in the next release to make sure the screen is cleared.

Source: Technically I have to release the source, since it’s based upon GPL code. I haven’t put it up yet, because I’m trying to get it in a nice state/stable first, but if anyone really wants a pre-release copy of the source to look at, feel free to email me. (see ‘about’ page at top right for the link)

Comment by davr — October 16, 2006 @ 11:54 am

16. crap i just realized i have a like 8.0 version
    how do i go about getting a 10.0

Comment by Deburner — October 16, 2006 @ 2:24 pm

17. I upgraded to V 10

Bugs: Touchscreen still doesn’t really work for me still
    Games will have a line through them at full speed (i’m pretty sure u knw this)

Everything else looks like it works

Comment by Deburner — October 16, 2006 @ 2:46 pm

18. I added ds85_02 file(ds) and ti85 version 10 rom to the root of my sd(using supercard sd).When I boot ds85_02(ds) I get an ERROR: Could not locate rom.Open/ti85.rom for read libfat open fail.Need help.How do you attach the files on Windows?

Comment by aihuman — October 16, 2006 @ 6:29 pm

19. aihuman: did you remember to name the rom exactly ‘ti85.rom’ ? If it still does not work, you can use the append method, which is listed in the README file. Also the append method is posted on this very page (even though it is also in the README), scroll up to comment #5

Comment by davr — October 16, 2006 @ 7:12 pm

20. The applicantion runs perfect and very fast, it’s really amazing. Excellent application for the DS… but the touchscreen has some bugs, like the comment 10 the touchscreen hardly works using my thumb. I’m using the M3 CF, a Nintendo DS Firmware 3 and a Ti-85 Rom version 10. Everything else works fine, just the touchscreen has that little bug, maybe the touchscreen calibration it’s different for some carts.

Comment by Masterplan086 — October 16, 2006 @ 8:01 pm

21. Hello there, (Excuse me but I don’t speak English, I do my best)

I was waiting too much for this emulator. It’s awesome!!!. Why don’t change the screens directions, something like Brain Age, with larger buttons. You can add the save/load/… new buttons on the top of the touchscreen. Congratulations!!! you did it very well.

Comment by Hans — October 16, 2006 @ 9:00 pm

22. Nice work, I was waiting for something like this to come along. It doesn’t work on my EZ4 Lite microSD, it can’t find appended rom. The EZTeam released their FATLIB it’s just missing the write function. But you don’t need that anyway. Some people can’t access the EZ site but the file is mirrored here: http://www.sosuke.com/ezflash/viewtopic.php?t=2290. Hopefully the next release will get it working.

Comment by cornaljoe — October 17, 2006 @ 7:52 am

23. This doesn’t work very well at all for me. + – 3 6 and all the buttons to the right don’t seem to be working for me (on the touch screen). I have an m3 sd and a japanese ds lite navy…I’m kinda dissapointed as I have been looking forward to this for a while.

What cart do you use for testing this? I have an x-rom I could try, do you think that this will work better maybe?

Comment by Cbass182 — October 17, 2006 @ 8:01 am

24. cornaljoe: are you sure you followed the append method exactly as outlined in the README? In theory, it should work correctly on all GBA carts. I just looked at that EZ4 driver, and the source code is FULL of errors, such that it won’t even compile! Seriously, they didn’t even check to see if their code would compile before releasing it. Several typos, etc. I’ll see what I can do, but I won’t promise anything.

Comment by davr — October 17, 2006 @ 1:26 pm

25. Yes, I did it correctly. I even tried different bios, still no luck. On the other note, I beleive there is a fixed version of the FATLIB floating around that forum. I’ll try to get someone to mirror it for you. Keep up the good work!

Comment by cornaljoe — October 17, 2006 @ 9:30 pm

26. Hi,

I’ve chatted with someone else with a plain flashcart, and he had the same problem. I think it’s fixed now, so if you could download it again (from the same link) and give it a go, it might work now. Also, I think the copy command was incorrect. Instead, try this: (the README.txt was also updated)

copy ds85_02.ds.gba /B + ti85.rom ds85_02_rom.ds.gba /B

Comment by davr — October 17, 2006 @ 9:39 pm

27. Still no good. I’m waiting for someone to mirror the fixed version Dragonminded worked on(He removed it from his site). But you could try this one: http://l33t.spod.org/~cory1492/EZ4FAT_write_Demo_NFG.rar.

Comment by cornaljoe — October 18, 2006 @ 12:59 am

28. Finally, got it working, looks cool. Couldn’t actually do anything with it though because of the touchscreen problem like the other people had. Looking forward to a new(er) release, great work!

Comment by fireworksordie — October 18, 2006 @ 4:21 am

29. the touchpad doesn’t work for me too :’(
    i got a supercard sd and one of the first DSfat (NEH*******)

Comment by ttw — October 18, 2006 @ 9:06 am

30. Ok here is what cory said:
    I dont think the file Dragon provided was working, only compiling. Here is a useable one (I have used it at any rate in at least one app). I have also included a modified version of pepsiman’s M3-powerloader that has been hex edited so that when the file is directly put on the SD card, the EZ will know to backup the first 64K SRAM bank to a saver file (which has to be present in the saver dir). Use that loader and a 64K .sav file to convert from .nds .ds.gba for SRAM backup support without using the EZ client (which doesnt always work quite right).

File: http://nds.cmamod.com/ez4/gba_nds_fat-EZ4rd_only.zip

Comment by cornaljoe — October 18, 2006 @ 8:08 pm

31. The emu can’t find the rom. I’m having a “classic” NDS with Flashme V7 + Supercard SD. I put the files ds85_02.nds, ti85.rom and ti85.sna in the root of my SD card. I also tried appending the rom to the .nds file, using the latest command from post #26 (doesn’t have there to be a “/B” following the ti85.rom?) but with the .nds file instead of the .ds.gba file and the emu still can’t find the rom. I also tried the .ds.gba version, but that version locks. My supercard is using the latest (1.63) firmware. Is there something that must be added to the supercard or should I use an older firmware version? I also tried running the file through the supercard conversion software, but that doesn’t help either (as expected).

Comment by Squirrel — October 18, 2006 @ 11:30 pm

32. Finally got it working! I appended the ti85.rom file to the ds85_02.ds.gba file and renamed the resulting file to .gba.nds
    Without attached rom but still renamed to .gba.nds it also works, but freezes or crashes at the first “keypress”

Comment by Squirrel — October 19, 2006 @ 1:22 am

33. NOTE: Append method will ONLY work with the .ds.gba file. If you are trying to use append, and you get “Cannot locate ROM…” then something has gone horribly wrong. Either you flashed the wrong file, did not append correctly, or your software corrupted the file.

What SHOULD happen if you run the .ds.gba and it cannot find the ROM, it will attempt to run anyway, and give a black screen. I just tested it on my neoflash gba cart (similar to XG2 flash cart apparently), and append works fine, and not appending gives black screen.

If your software will not let you run .ds.gba files, then try this:
    1. Append to .ds.gba as given in the readme
    2. Rename ti85_02_rom.ds.gba to ti85_02_rom.ds.gba.nds
    3. Try the newly renamed file

Comment by davr — October 19, 2006 @ 1:44 am

34. confirmed that with the correct appending code for windows or unix ds-85 rel 2b doesn’t work with flashmev7 dsl on a ez4lite. errs out with failed libfat 1st then fails to find appended rom.

Comment by hans0l0 — October 19, 2006 @ 12:47 pm

35. it’s awesome i couldn’t have got any better game for my nintendo ds

Comment by sonar man — October 22, 2006 @ 1:41 pm

36. hey, the ti-85 was the true beginning of my interests with programming and electronics, ti-85 being my favourite calculator im glad you have given it life again

Comment by mr unknows — October 22, 2006 @ 3:26 pm

37. Hey, i have Supercard SD. I put it all in my root, .nds has grpahic issues, and wont run usgard. ds.gba runs without graphical issues, but wont run usgard, i press F1 and it appears that nothing happens, i know it sees the .sna file cause when i dont have it, it says memory clear, when i do have it, it shows usgard. Right now it functions propperly as a ti85, and i have a v10 rom, but wont seem to run this blasted usgard. Been trying to figure out why… hmm

Comment by WunSick — October 22, 2006 @ 7:15 pm

38. Does not word on DS-Xtreme, …. I tryed .NDS .GBA.DS renamed to .nds no luck, …. I have propper ti85.rom but no luck….

Comment by Piko — October 27, 2006 @ 12:56 am

39. Hakke!

I am a great fan of the “Advance wars 2″, so I want to play the 3. episode on N:DS emu, but I can’t find a working nds emu with “Advance wars: dual strike” please, if u can help me, contact me: agita666@hotmail.com

Comment by Agita — October 27, 2006 @ 8:40 am

40. Mr. Agita:
    Step 1. Purchase a DS
    Step 2. Purchase Advance Wars: Dual Strike.
    Step 3. Insert game into DS and play.

Comment by davr — October 27, 2006 @ 10:44 am

41. i’m so glad to see this emulator, thank you very much. desire to use it.
    though it doesn’t work on my ds.
    hardware: SC-SD, ds
    error message:
    GFX init!
    fat init: 0
    malloc cpu: 2036e90 reset:
    reset cpu. malloc ram: 2036ec8
    open /ti85.rom for read
    libfat open fail!
    looking for append: 8100000

error: Could not locate ROM!

i hope this will be useful to you.
    and i think if the readme file was re-arranged that’ll be better. thank u again

Comment by Leon eTsir — November 5, 2006 @ 8:31 pm

42. Ops: it doesn’t work for me. I tried every version, I tried to append, I tried to use ti85rom fixer but the problem is the program itself: touchscreen doesn’t work for me, like already said by 1 or 2 guys.
    No matter what I press, I see no result. If I press VERY hard, I can get something on the screen.. not what I exacly want and not every time.
    Obviously, no problem with touch screen in games, with my M3 or whatever.
    Maybe you can try to look at touchscreen code? Maybe there is a new lib? I do not know. I only know it doesn’t work for me.
    Europian DS Lite bought 2 months after release. No FlashMe. M3 miniSD v.2 .

Comment by Vanelli — November 14, 2006 @ 10:10 am

43. slot-1/dldi?

Comment by fischju — January 17, 2007 @ 5:57 pm

44. Do you think this will ever have dldi support. I would love to use it on my M3 Simply.

Comment by Iaur_Nimheru — January 21, 2007 @ 11:59 am

45. OMG!
    it works great and fast!
    my calculator was stolen and now i have my ds for a calculator for in class :D (yes i can actually use it =D)
    thanks so much for coding this!!!

Comment by joey van hummel — January 22, 2007 @ 8:31 am

46. This is very important to me, I know you dont support pirating, but I can not afford a graphing calculator (all of my money is going toward medical bills right now, and for the forseeable future) and i desperatly need to sell my SC CF so I can buy food. A friend gave me an M3 Simply as a gift, and I would really appreciate it if you added DLDI or whatever is needed so I can use your wonderful app, and sell me SC CF (I would really like to keep my DS, its is probably my most treasured possesion)

Comment by fischju — January 22, 2007 @ 5:23 pm

47. Hi, I couldnt find any way to get DS85 to run on my EZ4. I tried the append method and renaming the files with several combinations with no luck. Is there a solution?

Comment by chiseen — January 22, 2007 @ 6:28 pm

48. Doesn’t work on a SuperCard DS1. I get the “could not locate rom” error. I think the issue is with the root directory requirement. The root directory of the card does not seem to represent itself as such. From a browser on the DS, the root directory contains two directories, /MPCF (the SD memory card), and /IMFS (the ImplantFilesystem). The result is that the root directory of the SD card is seen by the DS as /MPCF, so while my ti85.rom is in / (the root of the SD card), the software can’t find it because it’s really in /MPCF.

As a feature request for future versions, the software reading an .ini file with the path to the ti85.rom should be fairly simple to implement. Thanks for your work and your support of the DS homebrew scene.

Comment by Mark Dickinson — January 23, 2007 @ 7:27 am

49. I have an ez4lite, correct ti-85 dump and the emoulator.

As a newb, i don’t understand how to append these 2 files… (or how appending works in general for that matter)

do i use a program? dos?

any help would be appreciated,

thanks, OSW

Comment by OSW — January 26, 2007 @ 7:13 pm

50. I too have a problem with the touchscreen. Sometimes it works, most of the time it doesn’t. Obviously, its fine in games and doodle pad. So I am wondering, does it have anything to do with the screen protector. I do have a Hori screen protector. It does seem to work better with my old Hori protector (I put it on the wrong side for the first one cuz I can’t read jap). Does all the people with touchscreen problem have a screen protector? and which brand? (don’t think the latter really matters)

Comment by Targetdummy — January 27, 2007 @ 3:15 am

51. Ah don’t worry, i understand how now.

Comment by OSW — January 27, 2007 @ 3:46 am

52. appended and its still not working.

i get exactly this

GFX Init!
    fat init: 0
    malloc cpu: 2036e90 reset:
    reset cou. malloc ram: 2036ex8
    open /ti85.rom for read
    libfat open fail!
    looking for append: 8100000

ERROR: Could not locate ROM!

Comment by OSW — January 27, 2007 @ 3:59 am

53. Looking great, my only suggestion is that you please add DLDI support in the next release, that way I can sell my old flashcards.

Comment by LaEnigma — February 1, 2007 @ 5:49 pm

54. second the above. a great idea.

Comment by OSW — February 1, 2007 @ 10:50 pm

55. really needs DLDI support

Comment by AladdinSane — February 9, 2007 @ 3:10 pm

56. Please add DLDI Support I wuold really like to use this with my M3 DS SIMPLY!!!! :)

Comment by Tripsk8er333 — February 19, 2007 @ 7:34 pm

57. I would appreciate if you Added DLDI support.

(old)NDS
    M3 DS SIMPLY

Comment by Dogfighter232 — February 19, 2007 @ 7:36 pm

58. I have heard and read that many people love your work and would like you to add DLDI support for DS85 if it is possible. If it is, Please do so. Many with Slot-1 cards really want to use this but can’t. We all would appreciate it if you did this. :)

Comment by Evilpenguin888 — February 19, 2007 @ 7:43 pm

59. Yes please add DLDI support in the next update we are looking forward to it!

Comment by cornaljoe — March 7, 2007 @ 9:19 pm

60. Yeah! This is the best app I have seen yet, but sadly I can’t use it due my R4DS.

So Please try to add the DLDI support instead of Making the Games look better etc. Or give the Source to someone able adding the dldi. Slot 2 devices are going to die out anyway.

best regards
    johann

Comment by johann — March 15, 2007 @ 10:15 am

61. This soft is very useful.But I use a R4DS card and the soft can’t work on it.
    Could you try to make some change so that the soft can work on the R4DS card?
    I interesting in its ussage much better.
    Thanks! best regards

Comment by CHSEMO — March 19, 2007 @ 6:04 am

62. dldi, i think there have been enough suggestions, but one more, include dldi, that’ll really help

Comment by Jodo4 — March 27, 2007 @ 4:41 pm

63. Hey dude, i have a super key (it’s a flash card) and a super card, n i can’t seem to get the emulator running, i have the rom, i’ve tried lots of things, could ya help me a little, like, telling me exactly what to do?

Comment by Omar — April 17, 2007 @ 9:07 pm

64. I concur with regards to DLDI support. I would really love to use this but I only have an R4. Once again, please add DLDI support – you know you’ll go to heaven for it!

Comment by Pedro UK — April 22, 2007 @ 5:09 am

65. Not to whine, but I also have a R4DS-cart and I’d really like to try the TI-85 emulator out.
    Looks great from the screenshots though.

Comment by Frigolit — April 26, 2007 @ 12:21 am

66. The R4 is a popular device! I hope you get an DLDI version out. That card is quite the star of flash cards at the time of this post.

Comment by crazysim — April 28, 2007 @ 6:32 am

67. agreed, R4 won it’s spot in my DS’s Slot-1, and this would rock with DLDI

Comment by Manar — May 21, 2007 @ 7:04 pm

68. Is this working on any nintendo ds-emulator, so i can try it out? I’m planning on buying an m3 perfect sd with passkey 3

Comment by Walter — May 23, 2007 @ 5:07 am

69. I would love to be able to use this on my M3-simply slot 1 card. Please add DLDI support. Then I can leave my TI at home, and us my DS on the go!

Comment by Alex — June 18, 2007 @ 8:49 pm

70. What is the status of this software? Are improvements being made? Have any revolutionary breakthroughs been achieved? What are your sights set on for the future development of this software? Please provide updated information regarding the current state of development. Thank you.

Comment by Thumpie Bunny Eve — June 28, 2007 @ 3:13 pm

71. the same problem with a supercard ds one.

GFX init!
    fat init: 0
    malloc cpu: 2036e90 reset:
    reset cpu. malloc ram: 2036ec8
    open /ti85.rom for read
    libfat open fail!
    looking for append: 8100000

error: Could not locate ROM!

Comment by btdso — July 11, 2007 @ 10:27 am

72. Same issue.. is issue being worked on? I have a CycloDS Evolution, which is AUTO-DLDI PATCHING.. it needs a clean NDS which, I’m guessing this isn’t..
    I’m sure this is the reason why all the other people who have complaints can’t get their nds files working either..

Comment by SoraK05 — July 14, 2007 @ 1:44 pm

73. The issue is that this app does not support DLDI. Several people have asked for the source and offered to add DLDI support, but they’ve all given up on it. Sorry.

Comment by davr — July 14, 2007 @ 4:09 pm

74. Could the source be posted here.. I know some people who might be able to help out.. if they can, I’ll post a link to the DLDI version here..

Comment by SoraK05 — July 15, 2007 @ 2:14 am

75. Hi,

When, do you post the source. There are people who want help with the code and it is GPL.

Thanks

Comment by eldruida — July 20, 2007 @ 10:29 am

76. I’ve emailed the code to sorak05 and eldruida above.

Comment by davr — July 20, 2007 @ 1:29 pm

77. davr, could you please post the latest update official^^
    there are still people who don’t know about the update and aren’t able to use ds85. Maybe you could upload it to your site?

Comment by Öhr — July 31, 2007 @ 3:53 pm

78. i know everyone keeps asking for dldi, and it may be getting annoying, but im VERY sure that it will be appreciated.

please, please, please, please add dldi support!

please ;_;

Comment by hbk — August 5, 2007 @ 7:54 am

79. hbk: Does the DLDI version in my newer post not work for you?

Comment by davr — August 5, 2007 @ 10:12 am

80. Great to see a DLDI build in development.

Unfortunatly ds85_r3.nds (build 30/7/2007) is not working on my M3 DS Simply (although dlditool32 reports it patched successfully).

DS Lite – White top screen, Green bottom screen with a red error message/boot log ? followed by a file list.

Error message:-
    Init!
    fatlib init: 1 – ID:46543452
    malloc cpu: 2074108 reset:
    reset cpu. malloc ram: 2074140
    open /ti85Load Fileread
    fatlib opened file: 207211c
    -> [DSDOOM]
    [DSOrganize]… etc.

Didn’t see you getting a lot of feed back, so I just thought I’d let you know how it worked for me.

I’ve also got a M3 Perfect Lite SD, and I’ll try that later with various builds and let you know how I’ve got on.

Comment by Ramsay — August 11, 2007 @ 12:27 am

81. Compatability with M3 Perfect Lite microSD.

DS85 Release 2 (build 15-17/10/2006)
    ————————————
    ds85_02.ds.gba renamed to ds85_02.ds.gba.nds works perfectly.
    ds85_02.ds.nds works but the black keypad background is corrupted.

DS85 Release 3 (build 30/7/2007)
    ——————————–
    ds85_r3.nds, .sc.nds or .gba patched with M3sd.dldi

All failed with a similar message to that of the M3 DS Simply
    (If ti85.rom is missing the right error message is given, so the fault could be in loading?).

I’m pretty sure I am using the right DLDI patch as lameboy patches and works correctly, but the M3 Lite is new to me!

Hope this helps with the DLDI conversion.

Comment by Ramsay — August 11, 2007 @ 3:56 am

82. I think that’s what supposed to happen with R3 (dldi version). You’re supposed to load a skin or something, ask the guy who compiled it (see the link to their forum)

Comment by davr — August 11, 2007 @ 9:12 am

83. Arrr… the R3 DLDI version is working!!

So simple,

R2 runs through it’s debug list and then displays the keypad, etc; ready to use.

ds85_r3.nds runs through it’s debug list, ending with a selectable directory tree? and then pauses until you press *SELECT*, then it displays the keypad and input is as normal.

Many thanks for your hard work, it’s much appreciated.

Comment by Ramsay — August 11, 2007 @ 6:11 pm

84. thank you!
    you make ds purchase worth while.
    it’s show off time

Comment by kyo cin — September 3, 2007 @ 3:30 pm

85. i try and download it and it says its password protected

Comment by john — September 11, 2007 @ 2:48 am

86. also, can someone make a downloadable package that includes the emulator and rom?

Comment by john — September 11, 2007 @ 2:50 am

87. john:
    1. it’s not password protected. must be something wrong on your end, possibly a problem with your unzipping tool?
    2. no, we cannot give you the rom, that would be illegal, since it’s copyrighted by Texas Instruments. You may wish to email them, it’s such an old calculator that they may be willing to give it away for free (they let you download the OS for other calculators, like the 83 and 89)

Comment by davr — September 11, 2007 @ 7:17 am

88. Hello from Mexico…

I have interes in runing some homebrew for the TI-85

how i do?

this the program for the TI-85 a like to run in the DS85

the program is in español and the only program in ther type for the ti-85

Comment by davidvfx — September 18, 2007 @ 11:26 pm

89. ok, im new at the r4ds and could you tell me how to do this varry simpaly. im not so smart with flashing…..

Comment by zepher — January 19, 2008 @ 2:03 pm

90. Hi
    i have (maybe noobish) question…how do i run a zshell or usgard on DS-85? i read something like “backup it to ti-85″ but i don’t know what i have to do. Is anyone here who can help me?

Comment by Woodbin — January 21, 2008 @ 10:15 pm

91. Has ANyone got it working on the ezV?

Comment by EZFlash — February 16, 2008 @ 1:09 pm

92. [...] Texas Instruments TI-85 (1992) : DS85 [...]

Pingback by Nine Over Ten 9/10 » The ROM Report Part VI - Emulators on the Nintendo DS Edition — May 30, 2008 @ 10:56 am

93. I have a DS-Lite with DSTT. I’m a new i this world just got that from my old brother. All he show me is to drag and drop I download the .nds but does work can anyone help me please

Comment by Peter O — November 12, 2008 @ 7:53 am

94. [...] DS85 [...]

Pingback by » Blog Archive » Lista de Homebrews para Nintendo DS — May 1, 2009 @ 6:53 pm

95. Is there any possibility of, in the near future, an emulator for the TI-Nspire CAS model? It’s the newest one they’re requiring us to buy in high school, and it’s price is outrageous. It runs at 90MHz, and since the DSi can handle that, what’s the likelihood of making an emulator that can at least run on the DSi?

Comment by Matt — August 22, 2009 @ 2:25 pm

96. School requiring you to buy a specific calculator? What a rip-off, those teachers should be ashamed of themselves. They should be teaching math, not teaching how to operate a specific model of calculator. Honestly nothing in high-school requires a calculator in order to do, though it does help speed up some things.

Anyway, as to your question, there is pretty much zero chance of it happening. Maybe in 5-10 years, but definitely not before you finish high-school.

If you’re smart, you should be able to just buy a used TI-85 for $30, and figure out how to operate it on your own.

Comment by David R — August 22, 2009 @ 5:07 pm

97. Yeah, a TI-89 is much more powerful. But… what the hey, a million thanks to the author and KUDOS to you! You, sir, are fantastic!

I guess the DS TI-89 emu would be like Virtual TI by Rusty Wagner in concept – but what do I know. Dunno how to make homebrews.

Comment by Vincent — July 5, 2010 @ 10:54 pm

98. [...] [290] [...]

Pingback by List of computer system emulators – Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia | mrlangemath.com — March 29, 2011 @ 12:19 pm

99. E-mail came back to Nintendo DS Lite-> insufficient current.
    ROFL

Comment by ndsl game download website — September 26, 2012 @ 2:15 am

100. I know this web page presents quality dependent articles and other
    information, is there any other site which gives these kinds of stuff in quality?

Comment by guidehorse.com — July 12, 2014 @ 5:23 am