August 17, 2006

Finally, some gui

I know you’ve all been waiting for this, it’s not completely functional yet, but here’s a preview:

(gfx shamelessly stolen from )

If you can’t wait, and need to get some drawings done ASAP, you can download a previous version.

UPDATE: It also seems I’ve defeated the long-standing issue of the ‘jumping lines’ once and for all!!! I need to do some more testing to confirm it, but it looks good so far!!

Filed under: Draw,Nintendo DS — davr @ 12:42 pm

1. This probably is in the wrong place, but has anyone got the Mandelbrot Generator to save those cool-looking images on a Supercard Lite (not rumble?) If so, how? Please help, this is one of my favorite apps, except for Draw, of course.

Just out of curiosity, are you done with Mandelbrot, Davr? I think it’s just as fun as Draw or DSOrganize. If I could get it to save it would be amazing! Thanks for your excellent apps, you and Dragonminded are keepin’ the homebrew fresh and entertaining!

Comment by Schecter — February 7, 2007 @ 10:10 pm

2. I also really enjoy this app!!
    Having some real problems with my new DS-X Card, but that’s just my card/DS combination..
    I’m thinking about buying a new one-card-solution which would have to be compatible with this funny little app.
    I’ll wait for draw v4 to buy a new card and maybe I will send Davr my old DS-X as it might help him out!

Keep it up, the new GUI-screenshot looks amazing, and weehee I see a Zoom tool!

Comment by Ernst — February 12, 2007 @ 4:07 am

3. If had something I can do to help the development…

Comment by Leonardo — February 13, 2007 @ 6:51 am

4. Hi Davr How can I post a drawing on this blog?
    Can you please advice witch card to buy, now that I’m really pissed at my DS-X?
    (The DS-X was running Draw v3 smoothly, then day by day it started to act weird)
    Is it possible to have a one-card-solution with read/write png functionality, just like DS-X but then with propper support?

Comment by Ernst — February 15, 2007 @ 6:53 am

5. Heay Davr!
    I’m so much in love with this app I’m posting three times in a row!! 😛
    As an ambitious visual artist it’s just my eager(?) to get this app running.

Apparently the jumping lines got fixed around 2006, then someone else suggested to look at original scripts like ‘pictochat’ and pac-pix , and it looks like the whole project stopped there.. I wonder what happened, are we still waiting for some touch-screen script break-through? Your latest post about Draw dates back to august, what’s happening?
    Meanwhile alot of one-slot solutions came available and I don’t wanna sound whining but I hope to see new cards compatibility results and really would like to hear on which card you are focusing to get Draw v4 working?
    Or did you quite this and then did you pass/share the code with some other developer?!

Draw v4 = Davr for President!!!

Comment by Ernst — February 19, 2007 @ 7:30 am

6. I second that.

Comment by Schecter — February 19, 2007 @ 9:30 pm

7. Here’s another happy post by me just to keep on hoping for Davr to Return..

I’m just answering my own questions here:
    have collected some info from this site about the compatibility:

Davr says:
    It works fine on GBAMP, Supercard CF, Supercard SD, Magic Key 2/3, and GBA Flash Carts.

user comments:
    – (2006) works on G6 Lite : saving to SRAM (on pc: change the file’s name ****.0 to ****.png )
    – (2007) DS-X: Works perfect (loading and saving to .png) – problem is that some DS-X don’t work with some DS.
    – (2007) don’t work with supercard microSD( John : what? why? when? Tried after firmware updates?)
    – (2006) not supporting R4 DS with Patriot 2gb MicroSD: when saving the application locks up

-Supercard sd Rumble: not saving:”the problem is the autorwhare supercard driver, that is actually in version 1.7 . The same save problem happened to me in DS organize, but was corrected whith the new 2.4 ds organize version. The drivers are downloadable in the supercard site”
    -“supercard drivers are availible! I can save files using ds organize 2.4”
    – “(…) for SuperCards, use the Supercard Patcher or the Moonshell Patcher (contained in the SuperCard Lite’s Moonshell download) on different versions of the drawing application.

Maybe everyone here can post what they’re using (+firmwares used) since 2007 brought alot of new DS homebrew solutions…

I broke my DS-X (Sorry Davr- that gift is no longer an option) and want to buy a good alternative.

Cheers
    ERNST

Comment by Ernst — February 20, 2007 @ 4:27 am

8. It works great on the M3 lite (micro SD). It saves the files as .png, so there is no need to rename them. However, it corrupted my micro SD card once but it was easy to fix with chkdsk.

It’s a great app, please release this version D:

Comment by Dakins — February 26, 2007 @ 1:40 pm

9. w00000000t CHECK IT OUT! I found a Draw version with GUI on the NeoFlash Forums!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11!!1

I assume it is the version that fixes the jumping lines.

Sadly, however, it only colors in black on my SuperCard MicroSD (not Rumble), and the GUI does not respond on my particular Supercard. If anyone with a Supercard gets the GUI version working, please let me know.

Thanks DAVR!!!!!

Comment by Schecter — February 28, 2007 @ 3:43 pm

10. I guess it would help to show you the website (I forgot out of excitement)

There ya go. If anyone gets it working, write something and let everybody know.

Comment by Schecter — February 28, 2007 @ 3:59 pm

11. Wow, thx Schecter!
    Still hard to figure out what one-slot-solution would work for me.. but because the G6 card is so cheap I will buy/try that one this weekend.

Comment by Ernst — March 2, 2007 @ 3:08 am

12. That R12 beta works A1 on my M3 lite. No more random lines appearing across the screen. I can only color in black, I can’t load. The 2X zoom works, but you can’t do anything while zoomed in except from zooming out. The size of the tool does not appear.

For basic drawing, it does the job! I really dig the new touchscreen code, I don’t know what changed in it, but I can really “feel” the difference when I draw. The lines are much smoother now.

Davr, I understand from the topic on Neowin that it is a very botched version, but please, please release a finished version of that R12 beta… it would be perfect as it is, functionality-wise. I don’t see the real use of adding another tool to it.

I really appreciate all the work you have done for the DS homebrew community. Thank you Davr!

Comment by Dakins — March 4, 2007 @ 5:06 pm

13. Mannn this is looking tight!!

any chance of doing a flipbook function that we can sketch sequencial images and save them as…. gif? 😀

Comment by cleber — March 12, 2007 @ 5:48 pm