July 24, 2006

Draw Test with new libfat

Minor update here, no new features. Only change from last version is I’m testing with the new alpha version of libfat. Currently loading is DISABLED as libfat does not support directory listing yet. If you want a fully functional version, please see this previous post.

I have tested saving on GBAMP and Supercard CF. Please, test it on your devices and let me know if saving works correctly. As I recieve reports, I will update the info below. Thanks.

Tested, working: GBAMP, Supercard CF
Tested, seems to create 0kb files? M3 SD
Untested, but should work on: M3 CF, Supercard SD, Neoflash MK2/3
Untested, may or may not work: Max Media Player/Dock, EFA2

NDS version
.DS.GBA version

And here are the two test images I made:
Light   Dark

Filed under: Draw,Nintendo DS — davr @ 9:41 pm

1. cool!
    keep up the good work

Comment by falcon — July 25, 2006 @ 2:17 pm

2. I think there shound be a zoom in and out function I need a program like this for precise drawings for my computer games!

Comment by Krisando — July 25, 2006 @ 6:22 pm

3. Features that would rock…
    - Zoom
    - Undo
    - Opacity settings for brushes
    - Layers …I don’t know what the logistics of this would be but it would be very handy (would obviously need some opacity/transparency functionality to work as expected)
    - PNG transparency

Fun program! Keep up the good work!

Comment by Coded — July 26, 2006 @ 8:10 am

4. Sooo… how about an update on that TI-85 emulator?

Comment by NM64 — July 29, 2006 @ 7:56 pm

5. NM64: You’re welcome to have the source to the TI emulator to make improvements. Just send me an email and I’ll give it to you

Comment by davr — July 30, 2006 @ 10:30 am

6. Zoom is the thing that will make this stand out more than the other drawing programs then it already does If zoom is added I will go crazy!!! THATD BE GREAT!!

Comment by Krisando — July 31, 2006 @ 8:53 pm

7. I’d love to have the source davr, except… I can’t find your e-mail address anywhere >_>

Just send it to nintendomaniac64 AT (kill zee spamorz)netzero DOT com

That’s like my “spam” account, so it’s safe to post :P

Comment by NM64 — August 1, 2006 @ 7:57 pm

8. wait, nevermind. Found it :D

Comment by NM64 — August 8, 2006 @ 4:55 pm

9. Works great with a SC and a MiniSD. Thanks for making this great App!! Keep up the great work!

Comment by RoNiN — August 16, 2006 @ 9:36 am

10. [...] If you can’t wait, and need to get some drawings done ASAP, you can download a previous version. Filed under: Uncategorized — davr @ 12:42 pm [...]

Pingback by Robots w/Lasers » Finally, some gui — August 17, 2006 @ 12:43 pm

11. hi i’ve tested with ez4, it works but how can i save the picture? i tried with the x button but there is no image in my folder…
    could you explane to me ?

thanks
    brian

Comment by brian — August 30, 2006 @ 11:55 am

12. Now it’s my turn to ask: I suspect this won’t work with a G6 Lite… but are there any plans to support us ‘non-removable media’ flash cart users (as the previous version of Draw did) in later versions? Pretty please? :)

Cheers,
    Banjo

Comment by Banjo — September 22, 2006 @ 7:18 am

13. Great! you are doing a awesome job!
    i like painting and doing it in nds is really easy and fun with your app!! Thanks!

Comment by leone — October 7, 2006 @ 2:00 pm

14. Be really neat to have an ability to zoom in REALLY close, to edit drawings on the pixel level. Would also be nice to have the ability to do frame-by-frame animations, with some method to switch between them.

Comment by adsgfsdf — December 11, 2006 @ 11:01 pm

15. It seems to work with the MAX media dock for the most part, except for one small thing…

As soon as you use the touchscreen at all, in any way shape or form, the thing freezes up. Wonder why…

Comment by adsgfsdf — December 12, 2006 @ 8:48 pm

16. I’ve been painting some stuff on my NDSlite with Supercard lite (microSD) and when I press X it saves but when I want to open it on my PC I cant find the png file anywhere :( I wonder if its embedded in the *.nds file or if I lost the drawings forever :(
    But very nice program!!!thank you very much for doing it.

Comment by Bruno — December 30, 2006 @ 6:44 pm

17. don’t work with supercard microSD ;__;

Comment by John — February 12, 2007 @ 1:31 pm

18. It can be loaded up on the max media dock. Freezes when you touch the screen.

Comment by jack — April 18, 2007 @ 3:32 pm

19. Takes an age to “save” using cyclo ds evolution with micro sd. (Launches fine from the cyclods menu btw – top screen shows fine etc). File not present in the dir after saving.

Comment by Shot — January 5, 2008 @ 3:54 pm

20. Every weekend i used to visit this web site, for the reason that i wish for enjoyment, since this
    this site conations in fact nice funny information too.

Comment by auto news — February 14, 2014 @ 12:23 am