April 13, 2006

Buckets & Colors

Three new features:

• Bucket Tool – using the ‘slow fill’ method I talked about. It’s not 100% perfect yet
  • Eraser Tool – this needs some more work, if you erase slowly it does funny things
  • Better color picker – Looks more like a normal color picker, and I included a greyscale bar to easily pick whites/blacks/greys.

Again, I’d be thankful if people could test it out and let me know how it works. I welcome all feedback / bug reports / etc.

Latest update

Color Picker
Color Picker
Bucket fills
Bucket fills
Filed under: Draw,Nintendo DS — davr @ 4:29 pm

1. Great Job!
    Works great on SCSD
    I do get a lot of color bleeding on the bucket tool.
    Love the new color picker.

Comment by richardv — April 13, 2006 @ 5:14 pm

2. Cooool!

Comment by doup — April 14, 2006 @ 2:03 am

3. i’m possibly retarded but once i get into the color picker i can’t get out …. i’m using SCSD

Comment by i'm retarded — April 14, 2006 @ 5:00 am

4. of course, being a retard, i only actually clicked the chosen area after i posted that .. awesome app btw – i had been looking for one months ago and was dissapointed, thanks to you my faith is restored

Comment by i'm really am retarded — April 14, 2006 @ 5:02 am

5. i know i’m now anoying but i was wondering if you would be able to include some larger brush sizes in the future? that would be great :)

Comment by i'm really am retarded with a suggestion — April 14, 2006 @ 5:09 am

6. i know i know, i suck – any chance for an eye dropper in the future also?

Comment by i'm really am retarded with another suggestion — April 14, 2006 @ 5:11 am

7. It is amazing! I love this app! This is what I do when im bored! I love the new tools! Keep up the good work!!!!

Comment by Alucardd — April 14, 2006 @ 10:02 am

8. Oh, and I like this slow fill thing, i think it should stay like this and not go into an instant fill thing :)

Comment by Alucardd — April 14, 2006 @ 10:08 am

9. TODO list, in approximately order from high to low priority. I’m not promising any of these will ever actually happen, or that they will happen anytime soon.
    * Next feature is a “smudge” tool…You can see a preview here: smudge tool
    * Minor fix to color picker to make it more obvious how to get out of it.
    * Current color displayed on top screen
    * Eye dropper
    * Easier way to see which tools avaiable, easier selecting tool
    * Fix eraser when drawing slowly
    * Larger brush sizes, with more of a ‘brushy’ style
    * Loading previously saved images
    * Do something to fix the “can’t draw to edge of screen” issue
    * Fix the ‘evil gaps’
    * Finally fix the touchscreen once and for all!
    * Submit drawings to server over WiFi, browse gallery of submitted drawings over WiFi

Hmm…maybe some kind of requirement that you have to send me one of your drawings if you want to use it :P

Comment by davr — April 14, 2006 @ 10:29 am

10. :) i will definitley send you one of my drawings. i love this tool! talk to me on AIM sometime, Alucard1528 is my s/n. Or give me like, an email to email you a pic. :) :) and that smudge tool looks sweet. vimouc

Comment by Alucardd — April 14, 2006 @ 10:42 am

11. Here’s another preview of the smudge tool…it’s working better now. That image was drawn completely on the DS using my tool.
    PS: If anyone wants to email me, the address is drorex at gmail. with a dot com at the end.

Comment by davr — April 15, 2006 @ 12:57 pm

12. Hi,

Good job on this :)

As I was trying to draw something with MS Paint yesterday, I was wishing for something like this.

Some suggestions:
    - Change the colour picking page so it is obvious how to escape from it. If I hadn’t come here to report the bug and read a previous comment saying how you click somewhere off to the side, I never would have known.
    - Add zoom, so you can go in closer for precision drawing.
    - Add loading and saving facilities.

Thanks.

Comment by Richard — April 16, 2006 @ 3:49 am

13. To Richard:

1. I’m making the color picker more obvious, (A giant ‘OK’ at the bottom, also L will close as well as open it)
    2. zoom…may do this in the future, it’s not planned right now
    3. you can already save (just hit X, it saves to [date]_[time].png), planning on adding load as well in the future.

Comment by davr — April 18, 2006 @ 9:12 am

14. [...] Recientemente han apareciendo cosas como cliente de email; linux con navegador web modo texto, IRC, FTP, etc; tracker estilo fasttracker para hacer música electrónica; programa de dibujo con soporte para guardar/cargar a la tarjeta SD… [...]

Pingback by efremigio :: Nintendo DS, algo más que juegos :: April :: 2006 — April 28, 2006 @ 9:03 am

15. [...] web modo texto, IRC, FTP, etc; tracker estilo fasttracker para hacer música electrónica; programa de dibujo con soporte para guardar/cargar a la tarjeta [...]

Pingback by efremigio » Blog Archive » Nintendo DS, algo más que juegos — July 13, 2008 @ 6:49 am