Added save support to my drawing test…for now it just saves raw data, and I’ve included a tool which will convert it into a .png file.
- Make sure it says fat…OK at the top of the screen
- Draw something
- Press ‘B’ — there should be a message at the top telling you it wrote … bytes
- Copy ‘img.bin’ to the same directory as ‘proc.exe’
- Drag ‘img.bin’ onto ‘proc.exe’…It should create an img.png
- Email it to me, or post it in the comments, so I can see!
Save to image tested working with: GBAMP, M3-SD
Next update will let you save directly to a .png file (no more need for steps 4 & 5)
UPDATE: Known bug: The red & blue bytes are swapped accidently when converting the img.bin to png. I’m having trouble getting PNG compression to work on DS (some kind of memory error from zlib, which is used by libpng internally), so I may release a fixed version without built in png-saving.
Multiple image saving, and loading as well, would be nice. I’m not sure how far I’ll go with this app, it was originally just a test to see how that drawing algorithm would work on the DS. But it seems to have generated interest, and if this guy doesn’t incorporate comparable drawing functionality, then I will probably see what I can do about making it a more complete app.