March 31, 2006

Gliffy

Hooray for funny web 2.0 names (See VYEW…a project I worked on). Gliffy is a visio knockoff written in flash using OpenLaszlo. It has a feature where you can publish a JPG of your drawing, but everytime you save your drawing, the JPG will be automatically updated! So I’m testing that out here:

[EDIT]: Ok…it seems to work. I just change the drawing over there, hit save, and when I reload this page, the drawing is updated.

Post a comment w/ a valid email address if you want to get into the gliffy beta.

Gliffy Test
Click for larger
Filed under: Flash — davr @ 5:32 pm

1. Hmm I think this is going to be good! Please add me to the beta. I have a Supercard CF. Thanks!

Comment by Mark Obad — April 4, 2006 @ 10:12 pm

2. lol now i feel dumb lol i though this was 4 the ds lmao but still i would like to test thx

Comment by Mark Obad — April 4, 2006 @ 10:16 pm

3. Hi there,

Thank you for your post on Vyew a while ago. As you may know, Vyew 2.0 is going to be released in mid-July.

Our up coming release 2.0 has some unique and very useful new features. For example, it can support multiple VyewBooks. These VyewBooks which can be divided by customers, projects, interest, and more can be saved and open. Additionally, you can now mix and match pages from various file types or layered them together inside the same VyewPage which makes Vyew even more powerful in a collaborative environment.

We can provide you a sneak preview of this new version should you be interested. Please email me at reza@vyew.com and I will be glad to send you the URL.

Sincerely,

Reza Gosal
    Marketing Department

Comment by Reza — August 26, 2006 @ 10:02 am

4. Thanks for the input Reza, but there are two problems I have:
    1. This is technically not a post about vyew
    2. I am the one writing vyew in the first place…no need to give me an update of my own progress :P

Comment by davr — August 28, 2006 @ 10:29 am